Our History

Studio Farm dates back to pre-Revolutionary times.  Parts of the original carriage road, now Sand Hill Road, are still evident on the farm. The date on the deed for the house is 1753. An article written in 1938 by the Providence Journal states that George Washington spent two weeks at the farm, but we have no other records to confirm that. The farm's name draws its basis from relatively recent history.

In the early part of the last century, the summer of 1915, Joseph Byron Totten, a movie director with Essanay Film Company of Chicago, Illinois, bought the present farm and made silent movies on the premises.  It has been known as Studio Farm ever since.

The farm has been used for raising chickens, pigs, cows, fruits and vegetables since 1963 for our ever expanding family.  The produce generated was used mainly for the Wingate family sustenance.

Daughter Belinda and her husband Ed Learned bought Stonyledge Farm in 1992 and have raised beef cows, pigs, chickens, eggs, and vegetables for their family of six.  Belinda inherited her green thumb from her mom and grandfather and the farm began producing.  Ed enjoys the animals and so the herd is constantly growing larger.  Their most recent acquisition is Valley View Farm just a few miles down the road from Stonyledge Farm.  All three farms sell under the Studio Farm Products logo.

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram_App_Large_May2016_200

© 2016 by Studio Farm Products. Proudly created with Wix.com